November 18, 2011 § 13 Comments
Whenever I’m working hard I get an overwhelming urge to:
- sketch the opposite of what I’m working on – ie: Alexander McQueen fashion .
- look up The New York Times Best Illustrated Children’s Books List
- read this interview with one of my favorite illustrators, JooHee Yoon.
- look up this Luke Nguyen recipe that made my mouth water as I watched him cook it
- and pin this one as an antidote to my early morning jogs…
Apparently this week procrastination has been working hard too!
Hope your week was great! x
November 3, 2011 § 13 Comments
I’ve been turning three toddler dresses into preschooler skirts, all without eye of newt or a slippery toad – much to the disappointment of our budding zoologists who’d be more than happy to help me find either.
Feeling pretty chuffed at how well they all turned out and how you can’t tell that the bodice of each dress, which had been well dribbled and gooped on, was ever there at all. Love that! … Is that a wart on the end of my nose!?
In other news – just like magic my stitchy mojo has returned strangely coinciding with the arrival of some gorgeous fabric from Belinda. Part of a stunningly beautiful parcel of Gretchen Mist goodies she sent me just before my blog break. I can’t stop looking at it. It’s so much better in real life than I can capture through the lens. All those sketchy details are lovely and the cloth itself is buttery soft. I’m going to have tough time cutting into it for sure. Hmm … wonder if Belinda has a wart on her nose?! ; )
For more Creative Space hocus-pocus visit here.