Breaking the Ice

February 28, 2013 § 11 Comments

Hello! It’s been a while. I hope you and yours have been well and happy.

Odd post title this, given that we have been having a particularly steamy couple of weeks in Melbourne. Entirely appropriate though. Can I just say if you’ve been following this blog you are the ‘soul of patience’ since I seem to need intermittent sabbaticals and honestly I’m amazed that anyone still shows up here. Thanks for sticking with me and to those lovely peeps who emailed me. You are big sweeties!

I’m looking forward to a fun year ahead in blogland. I’ve tonnes of catching up to do, but for now just a ‘short and sweet’ hello and another super cute author film to share. Oh, I am such a fan!

OliverJeffers2OliverJeffersSketchCredit | Stills from Oliver Jeffers Author film 2013, vimeo.

About these ads

Tagged: , ,

§ 11 Responses to Breaking the Ice

• Kylie says:

Hi Alisa! So lovely to see you back :) Here I was thinking I hadn’t posted for a while and I see your last one was October! Good on you I say. I’ve just been giving myself a talking to about feeling guilty. I think it’s good to not blog for the sake of it and wait till I feel I have something to say. Those illustrations are super cute :) Hope you’ve been well. Kx

• Alisa says:

Hi Kylie, :-) Lovely to be back! I agree, finding that balance with blogging is important and even though I can chat and chat and … chat, I do like to leave some level of quality here – at least some is quite nice. ;-)

• Jess says:

Lovely to see you back Alisa ( though I’ve been very intermitent at blogging too) thank you for sharing the Oliver Jeffers film, he is a hero of mine and didn’t know about it xo

• hello hello Alisa :)

OMG I love love love Oliver Jeffers! What a totally gorgeous little author film! Cracked me up! Especially the light bulb… ha ha ha! What a lucky man to be able to do what he does and how lucky are we that he does, so we can read his AWESOME books!

Lamina x

• Welcome back! I saw the Oliver Jeffers film elsewhere recently and really enjoyed it. We actually have one of his books and I never paid attention to who the illustrator was, so it was a fun little connection to make on the fly. :) I’m on a bit of a blog hiatus right now, apparently, and wondering when I’ll get around to posting something new, so short and sweet works for me too. Hello, and see you ’round!

• shirley says:

Hi Alisa! Happy to see you back! I will be returning as soon as I get my new logic board in place and can download Flash to see Oliver Jeffer’s vimeo..I just love his work! As I do yours. By the way, my little ones LOVE your marble set…Noëlle my youngest simply adored your instructions! And trust me, she’s got a great eye, so she knows quality and awesomeness when she sees it. Hope your scanner issue resolves quickly. I’m hoping to be fully up and running again next week. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and are working on some fun projects while enjoying your kiddos! : ) hugs to you!

• flowerpress says:

so talented, and cute too ;-)

• Love, love, love this! We love his books too, Little Miss is starting to mimic his drawing style – makes me smile so. Good to see you back here, and yes you take the crown! x x

• francesca says:

love this alisa, thanks for sharing. just popped it on my facebook page. :-)

• Anna Lloyd says:

Hi Alissa, I saw Oliver Jeffers at a meet the illustrator talk at the Children’s Bookstore at Beecroft. So much fun! Although I was mortified because my son talked through it and I think Oliver thought he was bored when really he was excited. Have missed you much!

What’s this?

You are currently reading Breaking the Ice at ink caravan.

meta